Blogs should be an essential part of your 2019 Marketing Strategy. Why?
- Blogs drive traffic - Since 75% of users don’t scroll beyond the first page of search results, your blog provides a rich source of keywords, articles and expertise that will increase your search ranking. Research shows you are 4 times more likely to be ranked highly on search engines if you feature a blog as part of your website.
- Blogs generate sales leads - Businesses using blogs as part of their content marketing mix get 67% more leads than those who don’t.
- Blogs build trust - blogs are the 5th most trusted source for accurate online information. It’s the most honest connection between your audience and your brand. 56% of bloggers who maintain business blogs say it has helped their company establish a position as an industry thought leader.
- Blogs are essential for successful social - a good, well-structured blog plan will automatically feed your social calendar and drive high-quality engagement with your audience.
- Blogs are THE place to go for long-form material - Google research has show that up to 10% of users’ daily information needs involve detailed insight
Lots of compelling reasons to get writing. But how do you make an impact, cut through the noise and establish YOUR blog and YOUR brand from the competition?
How To Make Your Blogs Work Harder
- Set your objectives - Define clear objectives for your blog - are you promoting new products/services; expanding into new geographies; trying to promote your C-suite? Whatever the blog objectives, they need to be aligned with your overall business and marketing objectives. There is zero point turning out random content for the sake of it. Give it a clear purpose and it will work for you.
- Define your audience personas - fundamentally your content plan needs to deliver the answers to your audience’s questions. You won’t know this until you identify who they are, what their motivations are, and the social channels and publishing platforms where they’re active.
- Do your research - The stand-out difference between blogs that add to the noise, and those that cut through it, is the latter provide clear answers to the questions people are asking - about your sector, your products, your services. Use online research tools from Google, Buzzsumo to get a clear picture of the questions you need to answer and the content you need to create.
- Establish your style - The most successful corporate blogs are engaging, entertaining and answer the questions people are asking. Have a look at what your competitors are doing to see how you can improve, and how you can differentiate.
- Create a publishing plan - 68% of B2B marketers say they don’t have a documented content marketing strategy. Avoid this pitfall by creating a 6-month content calendar to keep your plan on track. Posting content regularly is important for building trust with your audience and establishing your presence as a thought leader. It needs to be at least weekly. Twice weekly is even better because you’ll generate 4 times as many leads than those that blog only weekly. Things to include in your plan:
- blog audience
- the question(s) you’re answering
- the offer/CTA
- publishing dates
- publishing channels
- Key snapshots from your blog post to promote on social media
The average company that blogs, generates 55% more website visitors, 97% more inbound links, and 434% more indexed pages. Concentrate on producing in-depth, valuable content that answers the questions your audience are asking and you’ll have a blog resource that will support your marketing strategy efficiently and effectively, and generate a positive ROI.
To find out more about how to improve the performance of your content marketing, get in touch